Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Day 1 Reflections

Looking for the common thread(s) between the stories told yesterday in order to add a story to it was a really insightful activity. This activity reminded me of an ancient Chinese myth about the red string of fate. In that myth, the gods tie a red string around the ankles of people that are destined to meet or to be together. It could be in friendship, in acquaintanceship, or in love. In one way it was our task to find the strings that tied the stories together. But in another sense, from hearing each other's stories, we were able to learn about what was bringing us together. I overheard a few people commenting on stories and relating to them after class, myself included. It seemed as though through the process of hearing each other's stories and how they connected, we found connections among ourselves.

As for the books, I received them recently and planned to start reading yesterday. But I fell asleep after the storyteller's gym class and didn't wake up until this morning. After a long drive (no where near as long as some of you!) and hours of fun and active classes, I had to sleep. But I hope to add more tie ins to the texts for the reflections for day two. Thank you for reading my blog post and I look forward to commenting on other's posts later on in the day.

1 comment: