Wednesday, July 29, 2015

The animal in us

All this connections and the readings from the letters to a young art is got me thinking of my collegiate running career.
Arlington TX was a new environment, a big city with lots of sidewalks and running through paved roads. Shin splints were inevitable, but I was able to get through. The way I had to adapt was to imagine moving cars were animals and enjoy all the trees and rolling roads I didn't had in the flatness of deep south Texas.

The animal inside me came out and I was able to succeed all 4 years but when I first moved here to JC in the summer of 2012 I fell in loved with trail running in the mountains. The real animal in me came out and felt so happy with the real nature and constant change of elevation and direction. Since then I have ran mountains trails in 4 different continents and every time I feel safe even in very unsafe trails.

Marathon running (I have done 3) feel like the transitional set of stories we often hear like joy describe in her post, but trail running is what we discussed yesterday in class.
Idilio

No comments:

Post a Comment