Monday, July 27, 2015

Combinatorials and Tans

I started working on my tan last week ...

No, not my suntan, my "combinatorial" assignment, the proposal for 60 minutes of storytelling
 we will give David.  I started taking notes on possible combinations, and I am having some difficulty with the art of it (r -a - t , t - a - r, etc.)  The notion of putting together one program based on an "MIT", one  unifying theme, is giving me pause.  How do you do this with subtlety and grace, without clobbering your listeners over the head with your unifying theme?   I don't have a huge bank of stories in either my repertoire of memory to draw from, so that might be limiting me; but I am looking forward to learning more about this as the week progresses.


2 comments:

  1. I just realized---a MIT can be about a moment, about a story, about a character in a story----or it can be about the individual----"what is the most important thing about me---what do I value the most in life??"
    If we take a broader look at the MIT concept---it becomes easier to knit stories together---and, I believe, it explains why we are drawn to certain stories
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a workshop with Doug last summer. I like the Most Important Idea because it applies to everything. I have found myself looking at life from more of a values perspective as in what do I really value.

    ReplyDelete