Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Universal Perspective

I love the combinatorial exercise today.  Listening to the way each group put together their Olio was interesting.  I saw things in new ways.  I loved the thread of music or on ending a set of performances with music to send people out with.  It was interesting to hear which stories were universally compelling to center a performance around and it made me ask some why questions.  What is it about a story that touches many people, what qualities does it need to have.  Are we more interested in drama or humor?  Is it about it's ability to interconnect to other stories?  Not from a who did better than others, but from a what is universal perspective.

1 comment:

  1. And I wonder---I can take 5 stories and braid them together in many different ways---and how I braid them would not only affect the overall program---but even the individual telling.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete