Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Into the garden room

I waited on Friday to have stories in the metaphorical room where I was comfortable, the garden. Alas, the stories told on Friday were inside the house. I felt uncomfortable and had to spend the weekend developing a new story to tell to connect with these stories. I had to step into a room where I usually do not tell stories. Then Wenny came in today and stood exactly in the room I had been waiting for, the garden That was the room I had wanted to be in. I could feel my body rest at ease in her story and placement. Afterwards, I accepted that stepping into another room, out of my comfort zone, could only be good for me as a storyteller, even if I enjoyed the garden room most. Mostly, I appreciated the awareness of where the stories were placed metaphorically and emotionally. +Laurina

No comments:

Post a Comment