Saturday, July 18, 2015

Valuing Yourself

I found a line in Anna Deveare Smith's letters book about self-esteem and value that struck a cord with me. She said, "Your tag reveals not only how you value yourself, but how imaginative and original you are about valuing others."  That reminded me of a scene from a Norwegian movie called headhunters (based on a book by Jo Nesbo). In the opening scene, a man is being interviewed and is asked to name his value. He can't give a specific number. then the other character explains that if he cannot give a specific value for himself then he isn't valuable enough for this job. The man needs to first find out what his own value is. After watching that movie, I discussed that scene with my sons for quite a while. Then I found the line in the book here that echoes the same sentiment of knwoing your own value. -Laurina

No comments:

Post a Comment