Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Silence

I am enjoying the practice of slowing down moments to really play with movement stillness and silence.  Todays exercises were really powerful, both walking through the landscape of somebody else's vision, and walking through the pauses in a story moment.  It was interesting that as Aimee toured me around the shelter she volunteers at, when I had questions I would touch or gesture to the place she had shown me.  It became a physical place, much in the way we mimed in the storytelling gym.
I noted at lunch, that breaking that inner timepiece brought up some issues.  In my family of origin if you wanted anyone to listen you had to speak quick before you lost their attention.  So realizing the audience has entered a contract so to speak they are there to listen forces me to challenge habits and be more mindful.

No comments:

Post a Comment