Friday, July 24, 2015

Yesterday was filled with interesting activities.  Using nature in stories from the simple concept of night and day to the storms of life brings interesting texture.  Each thing we dive into I'd love to scurry away with and process/ practice for several days at a time.  Many of the stories I tell involve the moon and I can see ways I will be able to play with this more.  Just as I'm starting to get my "schtik' down oops time to change, or grow / bloom.  Time for metamorphosis maybe.

I enjoy breaking up into small groups.  I think the most powerful for me of all of that is when we switch having to tell and reexamine constantly.  I tried to keep an aspect of that up by meeting with people in between and around class times, which is a great opportunity.  Uncle Charlie's one minute stories last night was a fun addition to this.  P.S. David I really enjoyed your story, and it made me a bit homesick for my boy who at age 11 still talks to me and moonie as if we are different people.  Who knows maybe we are, that strange schizophrenia  of storytellers?

 


2 comments:

  1. Breaking up into small groups was likewise---a powerful experience for me----and a boost for story creation. It goes beyond what Doug Lipman speaks of in his chapter on developing listening audiences---the creation of a story is a knitting-together of memories---and the group is a wonderful way of keeping creative "on track"
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the small group work we have done as well. It is so helpful to share a bit of what we have been working on -- to put it "out there" -- and to see what is received. It's essential to this process that our classmates be honest, both in their own telling and in their critiques, and I have been very pleased with that aspect as well. We are good!

    ReplyDelete