Sunday, July 19, 2015

Enjoyed Friday-- Looking forward to Monday!

I appreciate how we began our week and ending our week in story sharing. I am looking very forward to hearing from the rest of our class on Monday.

Friday's class was very humbling, as I realize how much I have "rested" on the stories I know well.  I forget how long it takes me to really feel like I know a story well.  Thanks for being a gracious audience as took great stock in the fact that this share was all about the "process."

I appreciate the opportunity to be the "beneficiary" (Lipman, p. 114) as I improved the telling greatly with the eyes and ears of my "helpers" [Bill, Cynthia, and *PLydia  (*-- silent P)].  They each had something to offer for my improvement.  

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your story Tzitel and wanted to know more about the background of it. I did find a version of it in Margaret Read MacDonald's Shake-it-up tales. In her book, she gives more background for the story, including where it has come from and evolved. Thanks for bringing this one to my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laurina. I appreciate the references you offer. I was focusing most on the fluency of telling so I didn't take the time to really do any research on the tale. I will use your search terms to do so.

    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete