Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Lessons from the Bees

In class today our little group discussed how the stories we know celebrate and exemplify how strong women "prevail and triumph using their wisdom, courage, and resourcefulness.

As I began to consider these characteristics in reference to "My Bee Sisters" story I discovered things that I had not yet canoodled about. Considering how themes like wisdom, courage, and resourcefulness applied to my part in that experience and the lessons I learned  brought me around to those thoughts on how important listening is to understanding. Then there is the courage required to reach out with a gentle but firm (unwavering) hand giving acceptance and gaining, for all of this, a knowing heart of who I am  and love for all around me.   

1 comment:

  1. Good, Wenny. If your hold on the story is loose enough, you can allow it to fill the (thematic) container of the storytelling moment. In other words, as you bring your story into the conversation, you can discover new values that are relevant.

    ReplyDelete