Friday, July 17, 2015

Processing the story

It continues to amaze me how we are taking this course into exploration of connection and ideas. Today's exercises were nerve racking at first because I have still not selected a story to tell but as we progress on the exploration of the story it became clear that a story could be viewed from many angles that I have never thought before. Plus is was very fun to process the story from those different angles by thinking of characters, location and "imagine." I enjoyed the metaphor of the flower to three steps of story action we discussed today in class.


I was randomly reading and skipping through subtitles of the seventh chapter of Rodenburg's book when I came upon the following sentence: "If an actor uses a vocal process only for performance and does not connect it to his or her life, he or she is usually left with the impression that the 'work voice' is put on" (p.155)  I could not think of anything else but the activities of today and how almost at the end we were discussing about how we as person relate to the story and how that gives our voices a more natural perspective to be ourselves. 

Idilio 

1 comment:

  1. In processing the story and learning the story I told today (rather than even trying to memorize it)---several GREAT things happened---I was NOT concerned about retrieving remembered words, I was NOT concerned with presenting a finished product---I was only concerned with creating story, learning how to make the story work, taking feedback, and problem solving from that feedback. It was a very creative experience.

    ReplyDelete