Friday, July 17, 2015

Today's exercises were useful. Adding in Donald Davis' ideas of people/places/ problems, and progress and was a great way to approach learning a story.  ( However I am not as sure I have a grasp on the progress and how that looks) That and talking the story out not telling the story out while others asked us questions was really helpful.  This is something I have asked before but how does one who does not live in Jonesbourough keep these tools that are reliant on the presence of others.
I have a painting partner at home.  This keeps me working.  Having the support and community seems to be an equally important tool in this process.    
I feel really free going into todays story.  What I suspect is I will come out of todays class closer to having one.  This approach of learning by talking in groups was really helpful.  It echoed the workshop with Doug Lipmann as well as the workshop with Shonaleigh.  I like knowing that I am not preforming today but presenting something I am working on.  I was glad I could bring my husband yesterday, since he is often the person listening to me work out my ideas.


1 comment:

  1. I too want to be able to continue this valuable work after these three weeks. Don't know how it would work but would it be possible for us to have periodic conference calls? Where we can talk through stories and receive questions and feedback? I meet with a writer's group every two weeks and knowing that I have to have something ready for them keeps me focused and producing. How glorious it would be - to figure out a way to do something like that in our storytelling community.

    ReplyDelete